Sunday 17 June 2007

The origin of my blog name...

Now you see, throughout my life i have been cursed with the inability to think up nicknames, titles, character names etc. This is not due to a lack of creativity, because i do a lot of drawing and generally consider myself to be a somewhat creative person, however, for some reason, while all my friends around me were always able to think up nicknames, i was always left without one.

However, be it simple, but when i began learning Japanese and learnt that my name in romaji is Arekusu, i immediately took to it, and decided for it to become my nickname. So that's one problem solved, however, another, very much bigger problem arose. What should i name my blog?

The one thing about this so called "curse" of mine is that often, i am unable to think of something so simple even if it is staring me in the face. But one thing i wanted to include in my blog title was the Japanese word for "world"; sekai (世界), and yet i had my nickname, and the word i wanted in my title, but yet i wasn't quite able to conjure up something good.

It was then that i set about talking to my friend Robert (one of my best friends), aka. Perplexus/Nandeman (check out his blog "Why? What? Nandeman?" its very good) and of course you can tell just by seeing that he has 2 nicknames that he does not suffer from the curse that i do. So i told him about my predicament, and seeing as him and i have both been learning Japanese at school, we have the beginnings of knowledge into the language. It was then that Robert said, why not call it "Arekusu no Sekai" (アーレクスの世界)which basically translates as "Alex's World" and that is where it begun. It was something so simple, practically staring me in the face, and yet i was unable to think of it, whoever would have thought that a small syllable such as 'no' could make all the difference. So for that reason it is to Robert/Perplexus/Nandeman that i owe some credit for the creation of the name of the blog.

Seeing as i plugged Nandeman's site, it is only right i also plug Cameron/Otaku Blue's site (Cameron is also one of my best friends); So you must also visit Otaku Blue/Cameron's site because it too is another otaku-goodness site...but don't go there until you have visited my site xP

And what the heck, i'm on the subject of plugging, so i shall also mention the other site that is in my links (located in the right hand column of this page), Danny Choo; Danny Choo's blog is the first blog i began checking, and it really is great...wait...great doesn't quite sum it up...its "amaze", he has inspired Cameron, Robert and I, and is partly the reaosn why we have created our own blogs, so you must all visit his blog, because it too has much otaku-goodness.

So there you have it, the creation of my blog name...

Now tomorrow (by the time you read this it will actually be today that i post this) i am going to do a post about my favourite large figure i own, my "SAC 2nd Gig Motoko" with some nice photographs of her and the good and bad points (if there are any bad points? ^_^)

Then staying true to the nature of my site i shall then get ahold of some info to entice the gamers out there...so just hang in there ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a big fan of ghost in the shell as well...dont know which figure u hve, it might b the same as mine u can chk out the pics on one of my posts. btw welcome to blogland

17 June 2007 at 22:45

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look forward to lots of otaku stuff ^^

17 June 2007 at 22:47

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, welcome to the blogging world mate. Be foward to seeing makoto XD

18 June 2007 at 00:20

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! free plug! lol. Looking forward to the Makoto figure review, I might actually start watching 2nd Gig tonight, the dvd's are just sitting there, watching me!

18 June 2007 at 07:35

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KITA! Already its doing very well.As Iania-emon said..Welcome to the Blogging World. Look forward to moe..i mean more updates...

18 June 2007 at 20:26

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home