Sunday 17 June 2007

Arekusus no Sekai...the creation of a world of its very own...

Ok ok...the title may be a bit miss leading...no i'm afraid this isn't actually the creation of a new world...this is really just an introduction to me and my blog ^_^

I am a 17 year old Otaku, i have loved Anime and Manga since i was quite young, and the thing that got me into it was Pocket Monsters!!! I then went from there, and have now seen many Anime's and read many a Manga. My favourite Manga has to be Naruto and my favourite Anime is also Naruto very closely followed by Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

I love drawing and once again i have done so from a very young age. I aim to become a character designer one day and have my character(s) put into a computer game. Other hobbies of mine are, of course, playing computer/video games (Zelda is my favourite series), playing sports that don't involve excessive amounts of running (basketball, hockey, golf, pool etc), i also like taking things apart, siting in high places (like on the roof of a house), and i like thinking (sitting on a roof helps me think)...Finally i love gadgets, if there is a random gadget that does something cool that is absolutely useless, ill get it anyway just because its cool ^^

In fact, its gadgets that initially got me interested in Japan (I probably should have mentioned at the begining of the post that i also have a huge interest in Japan and all thigns Japanese), way before Manga and Anime and even computer/video games. From a very young age i used to watch "Tomorrows World" and they used to take frequent visits to Japan, and every time they did, it made me want to go there and see if for myself, so you see, my interest in Japan has been practically life-long, and although only a few are listed above, i have many more interests in Japan (and i'm sure over the course of my blogging you shall find out more ^^).

Now generally the term Otaku refers to anyone that is a huge fan (some say obsessed...but i feel the word obsession is a derogatory term so "huge fan" or "enthusiast" is a far better way of putting it) of Video games, Anime and Manga. Now most of you know this so this isn't me trying to tell you what an Otaku is, this is my way of getting to a point; All Otaku's have their own areas of particular interest, although many like Anime, Video games and Manga, usually, like most things in life, people will have something they are particularly partial too, and that is where i am getting to. Although i love Anime and Manga, my love for Video games and Video game characters is just a little stronger than my love for Anime and Manga, so this blog will be targeted more towards gamers/ gaming and all things Otaku when it comes to games...however, as a huge Manga and Anime fan as well, i shall be sure to do my fair share of coverage when it comes to those areas as well ^^

Well, i think thats quite enough for an introduction. I am not quite sure as of yet how regularly i shall post, i will try and sort out a time frame that fits around my school life so that i can manage both work and this blog...as well as life ^_^

Anyway, thank you for reading, and please feel free to comment, after all, comments are pleasing to read ^_^

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiiiiita! Its good to see you've started your blog, it will be exciting to see things from the view of a hardcore gamer such as yourself ^_^ looking forward to seeing more!

17 June 2007 at 18:29

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home